Fifty plus high-end restaurants from Salt Lake, Park City and around the state will join together for this annual event to help end hunger in Utah on Sunday, August 6. Bringing some of the best dishes they have to offer, be prepared to eat and drink for hours as you move from restaurant to restaurant, sampling the food offerings and mingling with producers.
If you this is your first time attending this premiere food event, here are some helpful tips to make sure you get the most out of the experience.
- DON’T FORGET YOUR ID AND PRINTED TICKET. Even if you are 90, you cannot get into this event without it.
- Parking is free. A shuttle is provided to take you up to the venue, located at Solitude Mountain Resort, Entrance 1.
- Plan for weather. Typically, there is at least a slight drizzle of rain each year in addition to high-altitude sunshine. So bring your hat and umbrella to be safe. The event continues in rain or shine.
- Bring a sweater or a wrap, mountain temperatures are cooler.
- WEAR SUNSCREEN. Remember, you will be dining at high elevation, sunburns happen quickly.
- If you are sitting in the General Admission area, be sure to bring a large umbrella for shade and a chair, these are not provided.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Ladies, this means heels are probably not a good idea unless they have a large wedge. Also, it is important to mention that there is a large ditch coming up to the venue, keep your eye out for it.
- Stay hydrated. Smart Water is a sponsor of the event so be sure to stock up on. They are located near the restrooms so it’s easy to grab when you go.
- Tour all the food tents when you first arrive. There is probably no way you will be able to try it all, but a quick tour around the venue gives you a good idea of what’s available and what you might like to try. You’ll also find then entire menu listed in your program.
- Don’t eat it if you don’t like it. With all the great food to be had, save room for the items you like.
- Hold on to your wine glass holder. Although your plate will be switched, you only get one wine glass holder, guard it with your life.
- This event is second to none for food offerings. Although it is basically a huge buffet, please remember to take what you can eat, but leave some for others.
- Talk to the chefs and sommeliers, they are a wealth of knowledge and are happy to share it with you. Learn all you can.
- Forget what your mother told you, get dessert first. Likely, the majority of the options will be gone if you wait, and there is a chance you will not have room later.
- Lastly, ENJOY YOURSELF. Taste of the Wasatch is a food experience like no other. What better way to give back then to share delicious food surrounded by hundreds of people doing the same in a picturesque setting. If you still need to purchase tickets, hurry, there are only few left. Click here to purchase tickets: http://tasteofthewasatch.tix.com/Schedule.aspx?OrgNum=4074&framed=true
Wondering what and who is new this year?
Check out this preview https://www.theutahreview.com/whats-new-2017-taste-wasatch-event/